Saturday, December 1, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN!!!

I have lots of photos and videos of today since it was such a fantastic day. John's 32nd birthday.
He loved his present, a new Bose sound dock for the ipod. It was non stop dance party for us today. Fun times. Daddy and mommy danced with all the kids... We also have a video of Ella and Christopher, who by the way is 100% improved, dancing before bath time. You would think it was their birthday since they got to enjoy his present so much.






We had brownies instead of cake which is customary for John since he doesn't like cake. He loves brownies and Ella has been talking about them all week, she was nervous that we wouldn't get them made in time. She helped eat the batter and stir... voila here they are enjoying them. It was the quietest moment we had all day.

John also got to work on his big day putting the Christmas lights up. We did double check our insurance policy before John frolicked on the roof.



Ella and I went to Katie's birthday party. Here is Ella with a present that she picked out herself and got in the bag. She also wrote Katie and signed her name on the card. She is growing up so fast!!!

Mandy babysat for us tonight so John and I could go to Flemings. It was a great dinner finished with our favorite dessert, creme brulee. It was so nice for the two of us to go out and enjoy some time alone talking about the KIDS...
Speaking of the kids here is a really cute video of Jack. We try and keep all blog time equal between the three of them you know.

Here are the three of them playing with pots and pans. It was a really loud day at our house, especially since John showed Ella how to use the Bose dock. She was enjoying the volume button a lot.

LOVER BOY
While we were at dinner tonight I looked around us and saw all these families and couples and I thought I wonder what put those two together, that's a odd match or they seem to totally fit. It made me think of John. He is like a piece in my puzzle that fits perfectly. He has incredible faith that he lives out everyday. His most admirable quality is his patience and love which I have test ed numerous times. He is gracious and forgiving. He is confident and secure in himself. He is not quiet like many think, he is reserved. He can chat my ear off, mostly when I want to go to sleep. He loves his kids and is tender with them. He is a romantic. The first time he kissed me was without warning, he just walked up to me in the library at Queensway and kissed me. He took my breath away and still does. He cherishes me. He knows me, what I love and what I don't. He puts me before himself. John is unselfish. He does the small things that matter like brings me flowers or picks up my favorite cookies. He write me love letters and has for a long time. When we were dating he wrote me a letter everyday. He has overcome difficulties with courage and dignity. He rarely complains. I miss him when he is away, and never sleep as well without him. He is the greatest travel companion. He enjoys life and makes sure we don't miss out on a great experience. He treats my parents with respect and puts up with me and my indecisiveness. He doesn't tell me "I told you so", even though it's appropriate to say many times. In the many years I have known him he has never raised his voice or said a mean word to me or about me. It is amazing how much work marriage is. Its challenging and rewarding and not always fun. I think the trick to making it successful is realizing how that the person you married has fantastic qualities and thanking them for them. I put unrealistic expectations on John, amazingly enough he always rises to the occasion. I am madly in love with him and as I looked at him today on his 32nd birthday I thought WOW you are getting better with age.























4 comments:

megsnbigd said...

That was terrific! Looks like it was a super great day! Happy Birthday John! I actually cried over the "Ode to John"...

Barb Mullins said...

Looks like a great birthday! By the way i LOVE your shirt :) I was back at Kohls yesterday! Got some new things for the house :)

Rhondi said...

That was a 3 kleenex blog!! You are a wonderful wife for John and Mom for the kids. We couldn't have asked for a better person to love our son and grandkids. We love you and appreciate you more than you know.

Unknown said...

I want you to know Lynnette how much we love and appreciate you. The comments about John on the blog even got the kleenex out for me. You are a wonderful mother and wife and I am just so glad that you are a part of our family. I am so happy that my son has you to love back

Grandpa John