Monday, December 17, 2007

Happy Birthday Christopher and Jack

Christopher and Jack are 18 months today. I love birthdays and I love milestones. 18 months, I can hardly believe that tomorrow they are closer to 2 then 1. My babies are growing up.
I remember the day they told us we were having twins. We went for the ultrasound and they showed us the one baby and I asked is there two and they weren't very conclusive. Finally they said well there are two sacs but the one sac is so blurry there is not really any chance it will continue. I said so we are having twins??? The nurse and Dr. said well technically but I wouldn't tell anyone since it probably won't end that way. Only one sac is viable. I called everyone I know and told them WE ARE HAVING TWINS!!! Here is a photo of what twins look like at 5 weeks. Little bitty sacs.
Jack we weren't expecting you but thanks for hanging on. You are the most amazing blessing and I am forever grateful that you were such a terrific baby.

We celebrated Christmas with Dylan today. The kids had so much fun with their new toys and then we went to Burger King. Dylan got Ella a new Pet Shop which she shared nicely with Jack since he loves Pet Shop. We got Dylan a noisy garbage truck which Christopher thought should be his. I think boys are born loving cars and trucks if not then my boys got the HOY DNA and Grandpa Paul should be proud.
People think suburbia is boring but I beg to differ...
While eating our chicken nuggets... Dylan says Firetruck, Jack says "fi tuc" Jennifer and I say OK and pass it off since there is a fire station down the road. A minute later Dylan says Fire. Well we look up and there is a huge amount of smoke... A car was turning left and another car hit it and caught on fire. The kids were enamoured by all the commotion.


Here are some pics from this weekend raking leaves with Daddy. He raked and they scattered them. Lots of fun for the kids, lots of work for Dad.


Tomorrow is Ella's play at school and she didn't seem all that excited until Alexia and Katrina asked if they could come be our family representative. Now she is thrilled. I have heard a dozen times tonight, MOMMY, Alexia and Katrina are coming to see me sing. So thank you Alexia, you're the best. You made her day brighter.



3 comments:

Rhondi said...

Such wonderful kids. Sure wish we could be there tomorrow to see Ella singing at school. That's nice that Alexia and Katrina can be there! We sure appreciate getting to see what's going on every day in the Mullins house. Happy Birthday Christopher and Jack. Can't believe they are 18 months already!

Alexia said...

Ella was the Star of the play! She knew all of the songs and the motions!! We were very proud!

Unknown said...

Thanks for a wonderful blog - Lynnette you do such a great job. We are just amazed at how well Mr. Jack talks! I am sure Ella sang amazing at the Christmas concert. We are making plans so that next year we won't miss it!!! See you in five days! Happy Birthday Jack and Christopher!