Saturday, October 4, 2008

EVACUATION

My kids love rainbows so I am going to go out on a limb and say that the love of rainbows are gender neutral. Whenever I say oh no its raining my kids have a different view, they love to wear raincoats and boots and play with umbrellas. The more water the better and add a little mud and its pure delight. Ella reminds me that if it doesn't rain we can't have a rainbow and thats so true so even though Ike brought lots of rain both literally and figuratively we had some great rainbows.

John drove us to Charlotte and had time off work to be with us. Time with John is a huge bonus. We got to have fun enjoying cool weather and playing at a different location. We hand fed Giraffes at Lazy 5 Ranch. We saw our family. We got to go to Auntie Barbaras classroom which the kids loved and feed her fish. We got to go on nature walks. We played cars in the dirt. I reconnected with a friend from London. We saw Uncle David - briefly. I celebrated my birthday mulitple times - TOTALLY BRILLIANT... We used walkie talkies on the drive to Charlotte with my parents. Fun times! We went on a gas treasure hunt. And so much more...There were lots of bright spots in our crazy Hurricane memories. However, there are countless memories I hope to not do over, the jury is still out on eating in the garage. It was interesting -
Here are some photos from our trip and from IKE...

No comments: