Sunday, October 19, 2008

ECI Carnival

Early Childhood Intervention (ECI) came to our house when the boys were little to assess them because they were premature. Today they had a carnival for all their past or present children and we took the kids and we are glad we did, they had so much fun. Here are some pictures.

The kids did a bean bag toss and surprised me how well they could get the bean bag in the little hole. Good job kiddos!
Face painting except for Ella and Christopher who wanted there creatures on their hands. Unfortunately by the time we had left, Ella's bug flew away too!
Cookie decorating - all I wanted to do was Say um excuse me Can Mom do this to? I saw John eating the kids cookies, I so wanted one! Oh well.Since this was sponsored by ECI they had a lot of educational/sensory/tactile things to do. Great hands on fun for the kids. I put toys in big bins of rice and they love to scoop and shovel, hide and dig for it. Jack especially loves to toss the rice, that always FUN.
It wouldn't be a carnival without a petting zoo. Interesting thing is that these were high school kids who take agriculture and animal courses. Pretty sure we didn't do that at Queensway. I can just see it, Ok kids bring your goat to school on the TTC.
The anticipation on their faces - Yep you guessed it there was a little train ride. Oh how fun!


A great afternoon with the kids



This afternoon the boys in the house - John included were napping whilst us girls cooked dinner and cleaned up! John actually cleans up better than me so he's not getting nagged at. I definitely married up. But the point is Ella and I were on our own. So she is coloring and I am flipping through the book The five Love Languages of Children. She inquires so I tell her what it is and that I am trying to see how I can show her how much I love her in a way she understands best. That was the end of the conversation - OR so I thought.
WELL,
Tonight at bed time after books, bath and snuggles, I am leaving her room and she says "Mommy?, I say Yes Ella, thinking she was stalling - she says "Mommy why do you need a book to love me?" I am amazed that she probably thought about that all day. I tell her of course I don't need a book and she is loved beyond words and the kids and John are the most important people in the world and all I was doing was getting help since Mommy doesn't know everything. To that she agreed!!! Funny girl. I look at her and can't believe she is ours, she's amazing...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The carnival was a blast. So nice to be able to spend time with the family!

Rhondi said...

Looks like the carnival was fun for everyone. That Ella sure says some cute things!

Anonymous said...

Great blog! What a fun time it must have been - train rides, pony rides, bean bag toss and cookie decorating - it just does not get much better than this! Everyone looks so happy!!