Wednesday, February 11, 2009

LOVE

Tomorrow is the kids Valentines Day party at school so I am making cupcakes and signing Valentines and co ordinating the party. Ella needed stickers to decorate her shoe box that we covered. Well actually the whole thing seemed to go right over my head. They sent home a note saying please send in a shoe box covered in white paper - they will decorate them the day of the party. So I with my tired out brain did as they said and that was it - or so I thought. Well as I am loading the kids into the car this morning Ella says "wheres my stickers? Pardon me? What stickers. "My valentines stickers that I have to bring to school today for my table to decorate our boxes." WHAT I am so confused. I scan my brain and think nope I am sure the letter didn't say bring in supplies. Surely that's what I pay the supply fee every semester for.... So I get them to school on time, so far never late. YEAH. Yes its true she needs stickers for her box and the class I think - wait I am still not sure about that. Anyways I digress... The boys and I do grocery shopping which they were so fantastic about. They scoured HEB with me for an hour and sat so lovely. I can't pass up the opportunity to praise them for that. I look for stickers and no nothing really there so I know that Walmart had boxes of foam hearts and the like so we go there. AND THEY ARE OUT!!!! AHHH I really didn't want to drive to Michaels so after we pick up Ella we go to Target where we buy the little individual sheets $1.99 each and somehow we walk out with $23 in STICKERS. I am telling you this is going to be some good looking box. I will have to fight my urge to toss it... I wish I had a more sentimental gene in me - oh well. I will post photos of the valentine box tomorrow - stay tuned its going to be a beauty! I actually think I paid less for the shoes that came in the box. In the end if she enjoys her party... all worth it.

3 comments:

megsnbigd said...

Ugh! That is painfully unbelievable! $23 is a crime! Iam feeling your pain! Thats a ridiculous amount of money! I cant wait to see this box!

Anonymous said...

This is going to be some box!!!! Lynnette, I just can't believe that you would spend $23 on stickers. Can't wait to see this box!!! Ella will have a box to be proud of.

Rhondi said...

The things we moms do for our kids!! You're a good mom Lynnette and I'm sure Ella's box will be the prettiest of them all.