Happy Groundhog Day and a Happy birthday Tammy. My high school friends birthday falls on this day so I never forget to give her a call. Today I told the kids all about Punxsutawney Phil in Pennsylvania and how if he sees his shadow there will be six more weeks of winter. In Texas that doesn't really effect us to much but it was really fun. Katrina came over today and we made our own groundhogs and put him in his den and decorated his house and then we would sing this song..
I see a little ground hog, furry and brown
He's popping up to look around
If he sees his shadow
down he'll go
six more weeks of winter - OH NO
(sung to I'm a little teapot)
Well they thought this was fun and had such a great time making their groundhog pop up and see his shadow! Holidays were invented for kids!
Monday, February 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Lynnette you are so smart and creative! Celebrating Groundhog Day is amazing and so much fun. Ella, Christopher and Jack are so luckly to have you as their Mom!
Post a Comment