Saturday, February 14, 2009

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY


I love Valentines Day. I actually love all holidays. Any excuse for yummy treats or a party for the kids. Nothing lights my kids faces up as having their friends over for cupcakes. Sometimes we have no occasion but its so great when we do. Today John got up with the kids and he tells Ella - its valentines day. "The Real one daddy?" she says. We have been celebrating this all week so no surprise she wasn't exactly sure of it real date. I was awakened by the most yummy hot tea and toast with honey, some gummy vitamins and soy milk in a lightening mcqueen cup. I mean it was perfect - exactly what each one of them picked out for me. Jack drank the soy milk, Christopher ate the vitamins, everyone had toast and I was nervous that the tea would be knocked off the tray that I moved it and found it hours later in my bathroom... However the excitement on their most adorable faces at 7 in the morning singing happy valentines day was just perfect. We went to Lowes to make yet another jewelry box, you can't have too many I guess. They wanted to, so why not. Then to Lupes with the Engelmans for a yummy fajita lunch and they gave us girls roses. Fun. Home for naps... Then we cut out hearts and decorated valentines and treats came by from our neighbors and then a cupcake party with the Engelmans and the Webbs. It was very impromptu as most are. I made hair bows for the girls, korker bows with hearts and Alexia bought the girls the cutest crocheted hair bows....
The boys got balls and Cara made cute animals with lollipops - I think the moms had as much fun as the kids. The dads enjoyed numerous cupcakes. Here are some pics... I declared the first 2 weeks Valentines day everyday so the kids got treats or we made crafts, I bought them the cutest mail box from Pottery barn kids. SOOO CUTE, anyways I have decided I haven't done all I wanted to by my decree the rest of month is Valentines at our house....

3 comments:

Rhondi said...

What a fun party you had. The kids look like they are having a great time!

Shannon K. said...

What a great day! You are so good coming up with fun things for your kids. :)

megsnbigd said...

I'm sorry, since when do you make hairbows!??!?!