Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It has been hot in Texas and this heat is wearing me out, the kids to actually. They have been napping so much that I have had to wake them up. We start our days outside early and then finish the day up outside eating plenty of freeze pops or Popsicles. During the day we play inside doing puzzles. Let me tell you something about Jack and puzzles. He can do puzzles like nobodies business. We have had to move him up from the 24 pieces to 48 or 60.

Ella had her follow up today and is all clear, she should get her voice back in 2 weeks when the healing will be complete. Christopher my sweet baby who is just the best little patient. Every time he gets sick I do always thank God that its him since he is so good about this stuff. Well the poor sugar was treated with prednisone for his lungs and now as a result he has BOILS. ouch that sweet boy.

Speaking of kids and parenting I have some issues that have been cleared up now that I am the parent. In my house growing up we always prayed before meals and we held hands. I thought this was because my parents were promoting a bonding experience but have since learned that it was because they were making sure our hands were kept away from the table and each other.

The other rule was only water to drink at dinner. I thought my mom was teaching us good healthy habits, but after dinner tonight I realized that no this to was when we spilled our drinks at EVERY meal it wasn't a sticky mess on us or the floor.
Lesson learned, these are now the new rules at my house too.

Here are my kids doing their typical thing before bed. Its cute when Sam stops running with them and Christopher looks over and says Come on Sam!

2 comments:

Rhondi said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Christopher has boils. Poor thing!

Ruth said...

They look like they are having so much fun and Sam seems to be enjoying himself as well!!! Poor Christopher -