Wednesday, April 1, 2009

HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY

Hard at work!

Going for a ride on the swings. I won't gross you out with the details of dinner with amphibians.

Here they are holding hands. Ella was thrilled!


This morning got off to a bad start. April 1st is one of my favorite days and I just felt so lousy with this silly head cold that I couldn't get into the trickery. The biggest trick I could muster was putting food coloring in their milk. Ella's first impression was that it was gross, but then she got into it and wanted everything different colors. That was as good as it got for me but things perked up when I found a great text to send out and got some people fooled with a silly phone number to call. #413.497.0025
When I picked Ella up from school she was so somber and I asked her what happened at school and she said Miss Donna took her happy stick away because she was naughty. Even though this was as far fetched as it gets she had me interested. I said what? why? and she Happy April Fools Day. Just tricking you mom. So things improved, now that my heir was participating in this fantastic holiday. We did have some work to do today so we went to get some shrubs for my backyard. We have an electrical box in our yard that the builders covered it with some bushes that I never liked so I thought today was the day to replace them. The kids and I tore the old bushes out and while doing that we found numerous little friends. Rollie pollies, worms, ants, and the favorite, frogs. Those poor frogs were absolutely tortured by my children. I felt sorry for them. Every time jack squeezed him he croaked and I was sure he was going to literally. But they survived all the swinging, hugging, tossing and some good kid loving!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ruth said...

We have watched these videos over and over again. I don't like frogs much but I felt sorry for these little guys. I am sure that they had more than a tummy ache. I am sure that they were more than stressed out!
Also, my hats off to you Lynnette - I should have been more prepared knowing that it was April Fools day. Can't believe that you got me again this year. Every year I vow that next year you won't get me!!
Now Ella was really cute - when she called and tried to get me "I'm at the airport in Pensylvania - can you come and get me Grandma?" she said. Well we said of course we can and then she laughed and said IT'S A TRICK GRANDMA!! Well we thought she was pretty amazing!