Sunday, January 4, 2009

POLAR EXPRESS

I forgot to put our pictures of our Polar Express trip so I made a video of our jaunt. It was so much fun and I made the video specifically for the kids since they love the song and looking at photos of themselves. The Polar Express train left from Palestine Texas and took us to the North Pole where we got to see Santa Claus. He came on the train and Ella and Katrina received the first gift of Christmas. The boys thought being on the train was awesome and Ella who has seen the movie enjoyed every minute. We got hot chocolate and cookies. The sang Christmas songs, the conductor even punched the tickets with the letter B for "believe". The kids got a bell from Santa.... Oh it was fun. I had so much fun watching them have fun.

These days in our house we spend a lot of time looking at past pictures and movies. I recently read the book The Last Lecture and if you are not familiar its about a professor who finds out he has terminal cancer. He does his last lecture for Carnegie Mellon University and imparts his final thoughts on life and some wisdom to his students. Well in the book it says that he actually wrote his lecture for his children so they would know him after he's gone. Anyways its a nice read and I thought how I started the blog for John when he was travelling, but now it seems the blog is for the kids. Helping them remember their childhood. So I hope you like the video... Its for my kids!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun - wish we could have been there.

Rhondi said...

What a great trip that was! You are making such wonderful memories for the kids. You are a fanatstic Mom!