Monday, January 19, 2009

AMBULANCE RIDE #2

Christopher was wanting to experience some of Texas finest - so yesterday we got a ride in an ambulance. My sweet boy had not been feeling well and I took him in on Friday for a stiff neck but he had no other symptoms so we left if with "must be an injury" I mean it was more than possible since my kids jump on their heads on purpose... Well he wasn't getting better and he got a fever and was just sick.. so we went to the hospital who discovered from a cat scan that he had 2 abscesses in his throat and neck. We then got transported to Texas Children's Hospital AKA THE MOTHERSHIP as I like to call it. I mean this place is huge. So now we are being given the BIG GUN antibiotics (the drs words not mine) and steroids. He will be sedated tomorrow for more tests. He is finally sleeping without any interruptions... YEAH. we know that hospitals are not restful. He is such a trooper and we are hoping to have him home in a couple days...
I am giving a big shout out to Texas Children's WIFI and my lovely new laptop (thanks John) so I am able to give updates...
Thanks for all the prayers and thanks to Alexia and Erin who swooped in (as they do in a crisis) and cleaned house, watched kids, put out garbage and even took the dog out. That is a huge thanks to Alexia who as we know is the biggest dog fan. I am so grateful girls... I owe you one and hopefully I can just give you a pedicure gift certificate vs having to do the same for you!!!!!

3 comments:

Rhondi said...

That's great that you can do updates. Try and get a little rest yourself!

Shannon K. said...

Oh my gosh!!! What caused them? If you need ANYTHING please let me know....I'm serious!

Barb Mullins said...

glad you have some entertainment in the hospital, hope that you got some sleep! We have a SNOW DAY today...and theres hardly any snow..thats Charlotte for you :) Miss you guys, give christopher some love from his Auntie Barbara!