Friday, January 23, 2009

A little Pick me Up


If you can't go home then bring home to you. This is exactly what we did. I had felt pretty confident that we were going to be able to go home yesterday but unfortunately that was not the case. So to help a very disappointment Lynnette and devasted Christopher cope, John went home to got our much needed family... It was the greatest thing, Christopher and I were waiting by the elevators when they arrived and they just started hugging and kissing and laughing. Jack kept yelling (since he's not very quiet) "I missed you Istober, I missed you Istober" It was pretty cute and drew quite a bit of attention.
Christoper wanted to show the kids the amazing train display. You can press the buttons and make the trains go and there is all kinds of animated things that go a long with it. Its quite impressive. This is where Christopher wants to spend his time. After the trains we got some food and it was so great to see Christoper so happy. There was massive improvement in his mood. What a great pick me up.
Ella and Jack weren't so sure about the bed that moves. Christopher was excited to show them but they didn't seem as eager to try it out. This is how Christopher and I entertain ourselves. He puts the bed up high and I hang toys over to edge and talk to him, a weird sort of puppet show...
Lisa had sent some crafts which was great. Here they are painting.
John and I knew the emotional risk we were taking by bringing the kids to us. However we thought the reward outwayed the risk. So when it was time to leave we walked them to the car and Christopher climbed into Johns car and said "where's my seat?" I said Christopher you and Mommy have to stay at the hospital and Ella and Jack will come back to visit us soon. WELL - in unison all 3 starting crying and calling for each other, as we were walking away Christopher was crying for Ella, "Ella and Jack come my room, Ella stay doctors, SOB SOB Ella, Ella then he started with I WANT MY DADDY " SOB SOB... Oh it was so sad and it took a good amount of will to hold back my tears. In the end though having them here was such a benefit to Christopher. Everyone got to see him perk up and run around laughing and smiling for the first time this week. Hopefully the doctors took note!Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jenifer said...

Oh my that made me cry, poor Christopher. The train thing is really cool that is where Andon would spend all of his time. Andon misses his friends he was yelling yesterday "Christopher Jack come over to my house." Hopefully you will be home soon. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help out.

Rhondi said...

Christopher looks so happy!!