Thursday, March 26, 2009

Picture of Mom and Dad

I had Ella's parent teacher conference today which went really well. My moment to brag... She exceeds expectations and is more than ready to start kindergarten in the fall. August 24th - Yikes it seems so close. During the conference the teacher thought I would find it interesting to see Ella's picture of John and I. You'll notice John is colored black. I showed John the coloring and he smiles and questions Ella about her art. He says who is this?, showing her the picture. Ella responds "that's you daddy"
John: You colored me black?
Ella: Yes Daddy you are dark you know!
Thought it was cute. It reminded me of our honeymoon. At that time the pre career phase, John was very tanned and we were in the Cayman Islands and numerous people would say to me "Where is your husband from, Honduras?" I had fun responding, No not at all, Canada actually. Since those days his skin color has faded substantially. PWC does that - all that financial due diligence keeps tan lines at bay.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sure do look handsome John! Got to love the green ears as well. She sure colored these pictures nicely.

Rhondi said...

We're proud of our Ella! I knew she was brilliant all along!