Friday morning when we were taking off we were in line directly behind Reggie Miller. John thought that was pretty great. So today when we are on our way back to Houston we are standing in the Elite check in line (flying with John has perks) and there was a couple with two little kids. The little girl announces to me that she is 4 and a half, I say no you aren't that old are you? Her mom who is quite tall and thin turns to me and says shes 4 and change. So we start chatting with them about the joys of travelling with kids. John says to me later I think that guy is an actor, I agree that his voice sounded familiar. We look at their check in screen and it says Edward Burns. I think I have no idea who that is. John then says, his wife looks like an actress too. I say no, I don't think so. I have never seen her, she doesn't look familiar at all. So we decide to rely on a life line. I call a friend. I initially couldn't choose between my TV guru brother in law Andy or avid US Weekly reader Erin. In the end I choose my lovely friend Erin. She immediately knows who is his and then tells me that his wife is Christy Turlington, famous covergirl supermodel. Ladies, I want you to know that make up and airbrushing really is fantastic because I never would have guessed!!!
Sea Lions at Pier 39
In San Francisco we toured Alcatrez. So here are some photos of us in Jail.
You are probably curious about our act of kindness, Feeding the homeless. This was all John's good deeds. Sunday we had walked and walked and saw all these great sights, FULL HOUSE does have a park in front of their house, the city is all up hill and down hill and was doing a number on my shins. So we take the cable car and it takes FOREVER so now we are late for our Alcatrez tour so we get off and run at least 10 city blocks. Meanwhile this whole time it has been cold, windy and rainy so I AM COLD, chilled to the bone. At dinner John asks me if I want dessert, I say no lets get something later. So we are walking through the city looking for a rain coat for Ella and I have just had it, I am totatlly spent. We decide to get something to eat. I order a TRIPLE CHOCOLATE cupcake and a hot tea. I am so excited my mouth is watering I can barely stand it and John says since the place was really busy we will get it to go. So I carry my hot tea all the way back to our Hotel. I am just cold, tired achy and the only thing keeping me going is knowing that I can sit down and eat my chocolate treat. On a side note, there a lot of homeless people asking us all the way back to the hotel for money. I keep saying oh, no sorry.... and John walks by them completely ignoring them while I am saying sorry. So just as I am opeing the hotel door breathing a sigh of relief this homeless man says to John, I need some money and John stops looks at the man and says - YOU CAN HAVE THIS!!!! I about died. My delight had been stolen from me. My mom says John will get an extra reward in heaven, I say its lucky he's not there now!!! Anyways, thats John sweet and full of surprises....

Oh and in case you are going to San Francisco and you have a car, bring CASH. Compared to New York no big deal, actually probably a good deal but in Houston, thats pricey!!! Its $49 to park a day.... I had to get a picture of the sign!
1 comment:
I am now feeling homesick but I am glad you had a good time. It is a great city with so much to do and see.
Post a Comment