Thursday, August 28, 2008

Cinnamon

We have some very happy kids today. After school we brought home Cinnamon, Ella's class pet. She is a lovely guinea pig and really friendly. The kids just watch her and love to feed her. She eats a lot! I had to put her in my bathroom to give the poor thing a much needed break from Jack and Sam. Good thing she doesn't have a hamster wheel or John and I would be going nuts... So its interesting how life goes full circle. I remember bringing home my class pet. However I welcome cinnamon a little bit more than Ruthie did the hamster. HA!

She is one happy kid.
We finally came to a decision on the beds. John and I got a King - YEAH its so awesome, and Ella got our queen which she thinks is fantastic. She got all new bedding from Pottery Barn Kids so she loves it and I love it and John hasn't seen the bill... So he loves it too...
The boys are in twin beds with car sheets and look so grown up. I haven't painted - thats this weekends job. Labor day - the name fits! All this moving furniture made me think oh we need a bigger house - the rooms look so small with a queen bed and 2 twins. But instead we have decided to edit our house. Anything that isn't necessary GOES! Jennifer has already put dibs on what she wants. I told John tonight, it will be so fun when we get new carpet and have to move all these beds again, but wait hopefully moving furniture is included in the carpet bill.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one huge guinea pig.

Jenifer said...

I totally understand the kid room issue. We are debating the same things around here. I love this house but it needs one more room.