Saturday, April 26, 2008

DECK

Well I know I have been slipping at the blog, you all have told me!!! John has been around but also life has been crazy. It seems more hectic lately than normal. A couple weeks ago we found out devasting news that one of our friends has cancer. They are going to beat it but it has just thrown me for a loop. You can all pray for Brian. It's really been quite unsettling news. This hits a little close to home for John - our cancer survivor and amazing husband. He has always said that now looking back he is glad he went through it because he believes it has really strengthened him. To that I replied that unfortunately it seems that the character building exercise really isn't necessary since he and Brian already have incredible character, patience and faith.

So it seems that time has slipped by and I know the family is due some pictures.

We got a new deck. Yeah I am so excited, so I will post those pics first. I can't believe we lived without one, I have had it not even 24 hours, actually its not even completely finished but I LOVE IT. We are going to put some bushes and flowers between the house and the deck so it will pretty it up...which is why there is a gap there.The kids think its great and since we are constantly outside its going to be FANTASTIC!,
Typically you don't think of water when building a deck but you will get a lot of it if you dig through a well positioned sprinkler system. No problem for our handy men - they just duct taped it all up and kept building. Just kidding. No duct tape involved in the repair I hope!

No comments: