We are now in Canada our final destination. We drove the three kids and dog from Houston, Texas to Oakville, Ontario CANADA via Charlotte, North Carolina. It was actually much better than anticipated. For all of you who thought we were nuts WELL we were but it was a great trip. We covered 1791 miles. The dog was the best traveller - he slept the whole time on the floor. John and I have learned a few packing tips and are getting very familiar with Rest areas. John had a great time trying to find the best gas price. South Carolina came through for us with a low $3.77 per gallon. Canada of course was our least favorite gas pump - I stopped filling at $94.46 because I just couldn't handle a $100 gas fill up.
The summer is just getting started for us still but we had so much fun in Charlotte with the whole Mullins clan. My highlight was the roller coasters!!! Barb and I are such kindred spirits. Both front roller coaster riders. We went to the nature museum, the kids loved it. Ella loves butterflies so she liked being so close to them. On July 4th we celebrated at the Charlotte History Museum and then off to Carowinds...
Canada has been great, the weather is awesome and the kids love going to the lake to feed the ducks, throw rocks in the water and look at the boats. The boys language is exploding. They repeat everything you say now, I am still needed quite a bit for interpretation, but it is such a fun age. They are sleeping in pack n plays at my moms and a few days ago I hear them laughing and giggling at 7 am. Since they were happy I left them to play. Then I hear some knocking on their door, I open it to find both of them out of their beds and waiting at the door saying Mommy outta bed outta bed... Yep I see that...
Miss Ella is having a fun time being the center of attention but she does miss her friends in Texas. As we all do.
I put together a little video of some of the things we have been doing... Hope you enjoy! We sure drove a lot of highway...
2 comments:
Thanks for the video. Now Im really missing all of you more than ever! Love Grandma
FUN!!!! Hope you are having a great time! When do you come home?
Post a Comment