Sunday, January 20, 2008

FOOD

Christopher has a great appetite. One of the best. Experts say around this age toddlers are picky eaters and their appetite slows. Not so much where Christopher is concerned. It is really wonderful having a child who enjoys eating. He sits well and we can take him out to eat without too much trouble and you never worry about their calorie intake. Ella never ate much so this is fantastic - and the best part is he pretty much eats anything. Fruits, vegetables, dog food (well we try to make sure he doesn't, but he has on occasion). Poor Sam he is so skinny and he can't even get his own food left alone long enough to enjoy. Our grocery bill is through the roof now but oh well... back to Christopher... For example on Saturday morning Christopher was climbing the steps to go play upstairs with trains. I mention to John that I should give them a snack. Christopher hears SNACK and immediately slides down the stairs and runs not walks RUNS to the kitchen chair, climbs up and sits down. John and I are laughing since it was really very funny. I didn't even have a snack ready for him. He eats his snack, Jacks too and finishes off Ella's. He looks at me as if to say THAT'S IT??? I say yes honey you will eat again soon. He goes off to play.
So today after church we are walking to the car and he is saying cracker cracker. I tell him we are going to lunch and we will eat soon. We took the kids to Skeeters since I was craving hamburgers, and they had chicken tenders. Lunch was a success. On the way home Christopher is wanting something to eat. I give him a left over chicken tender (Ella's left over, not his) We notice that Jack is falling asleep. We start singing to him and just annoying him to keep him awake for a few more minutes when I look over and there is Christopher sound asleep with the CHICKEN STILL IN HIS MOUTH. I thought I would die laughing. It was such a Christopher moment. He was so content.
Funniest thing about it was that when John laid him down he tried to remove the chicken and Christopher's (still asleep) mouth is moving trying to eat the chicken.
I am surmising that he must be growing...


I included a cute picture of Ella - she wanted to take a picture of Christopher too.





3 comments:

Rhondi said...

That picture of Christopher is priceless. What a character! Ella looks beautiful as always.

let's go to the lake said...

Christopher is cute.
Nice to see Ella getting to wear that beautiful coat in Texas.

Unknown said...

These kids are amazing!! Can't believe that Christopher can sleep with chicken in his mouth. Those teeth must be strong!!