Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Riding Bikes
There are times in my life as a parent I just want a pause button. Today was one of those days. The boys have been asking me for awhile to take off their training wheels and I kept putting them off not really for any reason other than two 3.5 year old boys riding two wheel bikes made me think BANDAIDS! I knew Christopher was ready awhile ago but was unsure of Jack. Tonight was the night, they asked me at dinner and I said OK lets go for it. They did awesome, I couldn't believe it. All these milestones are so bittersweet. You want your kids to grow and learn and do but at the same time its hard to watch them grow and change and become more independent. So I just want a pause button where I can say OK STOP for just a minute and let me enjoy you at this stage for a moment longer. I think that about every stage. I think it can't get better or more fun or more crazy than this and yet it does. I tell them all the time that when they are in bed sleeping John and I just stare in utter amazement of them. Amazed at how 3 children who have our DNA are very much their own person and God has given them the most amazing personalities and characters that are unique. Its so awesome...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can't believe that they are so grown up. They - Ella, Christopher and Jack have sure brought us so much enjoyment these past few years. Thanks for all the hard work on the blog Lynnette - we appreciate it very much.
Post a Comment