Thursday, September 11, 2008

IKE

Yikes it looks like Houston is going to get a visit from Ike. People around the coast are obviously evacuating but for us Woodlanders we are staying and riding out the storm. The worst I am anticipating is a loss of power which of course won't be fun in 90 degree heat but should be an experience. You can't tell from the photo but there is a guy up the tree cutting it down. Its a dead tree and most likely to come down in 100+ mile an hour wind. Here is another picture of my neighbors boarding up their home. Thought you would find it interesting. I have received lots of phone calls today but the most memorable was from my Grandma... She asked if my parents had left for Vegas yet, when I said yes. She said OH GOOD, I wouldn't want you mom in a hurricane. I laughed thinking I am sure Ruthie would fair much better than 3 little tired, hungry, bored, scared kids... Oh well she's a mom and you never stop mothering your babies!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: